Police Under Fire After Tragic Death (VIDEO)

The family of Kenneth Sharp is speaking out after the 20-year-old was fatally killed by Richmond police officers on March 31. Recently released body cam footage shows the moment officers approached Sharp. At the time, he was asleep in his car.

According to Sharp’s family, officers did not properly announce themselves. When the 20-year-old exited the vehicle, police reportedly noticed he had a weapon and opened fire.

Sharp’s family is now holding the officer who killed the 20-year-old accountable.

Could body cam footage reveal more?

Now, The Shade Room’s Justin Carter is delving into the matter for ‘TSR Investigates.’

Here’s How The Fatal Incident Unfolded

According to Carter, a 911 call was made to officers around 5 a.m. on March 31. The caller explained that they awoke to strange noises and saw a man “laying on top of a car in a parking lot… beating on top of a vehicle.”

Additionally, the caller told the 911 dispatcher that the man had a gun.

Six minutes later, the first police officer arrived on the scene. According to body cam footage, the officer did not have police lights turned on in his vehicle. However, he approached Sharp’s car.

Once there, the officer noticed that Sharp was asleep in the passenger seat and a female was sleeping on the driver’s side. By that time, a second officer arrived, and the first relayed the information.

A few minutes later, one of the officers approaches the car again and knocks on the window. According to Carter, as Sharp opened his door, the officer noticed he had a firearm.

The police officers retreated from Sharp’s car. However, they opened fire, killing the 20-year-old.

Kenneth Sharp’s Family Speaks Out

According to Latoya Hardney, her son did not have time to react to the officers before the fatal gunfire.

“As soon as he got out of the vehicle, they said, ‘Drop the [sic] gun,’ and as they’re supposed giving commands, they’re shooting at the same time,” Hardney told Carter.

Hardney called the footage showing the final moments of her son’s life the “worst thing” she could ever see. The mother also told Carter that her son’s weapon was legally registered, and he just bought it three days before his passing.

Scroll above to watch as Carter speaks with other members of Sharp’s family and shares how the Richmond Police have reacted to the fatal incident. Additionally, Carter shares how the case will proceed as Sharp’s family seeks justice.

RELATED: Ex-Police Officer In Custody After A Breakup Turns Deadly | TSR Investigates

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button